A space to post my thoughts and musings about anything. This includes but is not limited to community, politics, current events, relationships, LGBTQ+ issues, favorite things, and stuff that would make your dead relatives blush. I am not afraid to go there, as some can attest.

June 28, 2007

Damn Humidity

Seriously, why the hell did I move out to Maryland? Oh yeah, because I was offered a job here.

I like summer, I really do, simply because it's the time of year to be outside. I love going outside as well, especially because the new boyfriend is an outdoors person as well so we share in many activities.

However, I can't stand humidity, and I probably never will be able to. For years I lived in more of a desert climate in New Mexico. You know how they say "It's a dry heat."? There's a lot of truth to that saying, since while it gets damn hot in the Southwestern US, it does not get humid. You sweat, but it goes away immediately. Here you sweat, and it stays, and it stays and it stays. I hate that feeling. I can also tell it's summer because it's meant I've been breaking out a bit on my face. I thought I was past that stage, but I guess not.

There has got to be a way to eliminate this stickiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment