A space to post my thoughts and musings about anything. This includes but is not limited to community, politics, current events, relationships, LGBTQ+ issues, favorite things, and stuff that would make your dead relatives blush. I am not afraid to go there, as some can attest.

July 18, 2007

Order of the Phoenix

So I watched the latest Harry Potter movie and I have to say it was well done with the story they told, considering the movie could have dragged on and on and on due to the subplots and details that are in the book.

If you're a purist about movies being related to the books that inspire them, you're going to have issues with Order of the Phoenix. However, if you like a story, you'll like the movie. At least they didn't get all CGI'ed out as much as other movies. I would have loved to have seen more of a chase scene towards the end, but that's just me.

One thing that does bother me was the lack of the scar on Harry's forehead. Considering that this volume really gets into the pain that his scar causes, I had to wonder why his forehead was practically clean.

Still, it's worth seeing, but I'd consider matinee prices to watch it.

1 comment:

  1. We are going to see that this weekend. Rob is the Uber Harry Potter fan.. me well I am just a Lord of the Rings boy.

    ReplyDelete