A space to post my thoughts and musings about anything. This includes but is not limited to community, politics, current events, dating, GLBTQ issues, favorite things, and stuff that would make your dead relatives blush. I am not afraid to go there, as some can attest.

July 10, 2007

Update on Violence

I wrote about the attack that occurred in Greenbelt. Well I talked with my friend about making a presence in the center during our "Other Friday" dinner and we agreed it would be a good idea. Last Friday we were sitting outside in the center, and yes, there were a number of suspect persons hanging out in the center as well. Within ten minutes, they headed out of there and away from us, so I would chalk that up as a success. Anyone who did gather in the center later were generally just there, not causing any trouble, and even if they wanted to start some, they knew they were being watched.

I only hope that other folks in Greenbelt will start making a presence in the center as well, as GreenBeLT Pride can't be the ones doing it all the time.