A space to post my thoughts and musings about anything. This includes but is not limited to community, politics, current events, dating, GLBTQ issues, favorite things, and stuff that would make your dead relatives blush. I am not afraid to go there, as some can attest.

February 20, 2008

Another Late Mail

I don't think this was a separate mail issue, rather it's related to my previous posting of getting the sample primary ballot four days late.

About two days after a movie on my Netflix was supposed to arrive, it never showed, so I reported it missing, and they were to send another one out. I had done this Thursday night, they said the replacement disk would ship out Friday.

Saturday when I get my mail, there's the Netflix envelop that I assume is the replacement disc for what I had reported missing. I watch it, and drop it in the mail Tuesday morning. I get home Tuesday night and guess what is in my mailbox...the same movie I had reported missing! I think that was actually the replacement disc, and what showed up Saturday was the original disc that I had reported as missing. So I put the new one in the envelope and dropped it into the mail. I assume that Netflix will now get both back and be able to unmark the one as lost in the mail.

Still, how odd that this has happened. I have never had mail go late like this before, and thank god it didn't happen with something really important, like a bill.