A space to post my thoughts and musings about anything. This includes but is not limited to community, politics, current events, relationships, LGBTQ+ issues, favorite things, and stuff that would make your dead relatives blush. I am not afraid to go there, as some can attest.

February 04, 2008

Back into Routine

This writing is more for my benefit. I admit that I have fallen off the wagon a bit when it comes to the food changes and exercise. I could sit here and beat myself up over it, but that will be counterproductive to actually getting back to where I should be. Besides, I've already dealt with the twinge of guilt I've been feeling for being lazy.

It's mostly the exercise where I have fallen off, for a while it was too cold to go running or biking, and so I moved indoors, but then somewhere along the way I just fell out of habit. Part of it was not changing things up enough, and part of it was allowing me to be distracted by other stuff, such as deciding to watch a movie.

It was good of me to ride my bike yesterday, yeah I was out of breath, but I felt good overall, and there was a pleasure in knowing that I was offsetting some of the calories from the food I was going to consume later at the Superbowl party. That's what I need to focus on, that I can offset what I eat during the day. Of course, that doesn't mean I can just pig out on junk either ;-) I have started reading nutrition labels and ingredient lists closely to decide on what to purchase and how much to have. I think if I were to step on a scale, I would basically be maintaining my weight. Of course the real number I want to check on is whether I have been dropping body fat. The health unit at work is doing the analysis next week, I think I'll schedule myself to go down there.

My ultimate goal is to find that I have improved my triglyceride numbers. I'll know that sometime in April. I just need to stick with this, and I know I can. Once I can make exercise a habit, then I'll join a gym, but not before then.

No comments:

Post a Comment