A space to post my thoughts and musings about anything. This includes but is not limited to community, politics, current events, relationships, LGBTQ+ issues, favorite things, and stuff that would make your dead relatives blush. I am not afraid to go there, as some can attest.

March 21, 2008

Can I Do This?

Let's see...the FBI admitted that they have misused National Security Letters to obtain informations on US citizens. Now we come to find out that State Dept. employees were accessing passport files they should have not been accessing. Of course, we know that they snooped on the US presidential candidates, but who else have they been looking at?

Personally, I would love to shed some light on this for myself. I wonder what it would take to file a Freedom of Information Act request to both departments demanding to know if any letters have been sent about me, and to find out who has been accessing my passport information and when. Hell, would that even be covered under FOIA?

There will be much research to be done...

No comments:

Post a Comment