A space to post my thoughts and musings about anything. This includes but is not limited to community, politics, current events, dating, GLBTQ issues, favorite things, and stuff that would make your dead relatives blush. I am not afraid to go there, as some can attest.

November 25, 2008

Clerical Error Not In My Favor

One has to love when a typo nearly gets you sent to collections.

I just received in the mail today a bill from my doctors office. Here's the thing, the last time I was at the doctors office was in April. So this bill is a final notice that my account is over 120 days past due and if I don't pay it by December 19, they're sending my ass to collections.

Now how the hell did this happen? I always pay my bills on time, however, I never got notice of this bill, and why? They screwed up my address number. Someone over at 3A has been getting my bills for the past seven months; instead of it going to 5A, where I live. It just happened to be that today the bill was sitting in a spot where you couldn't read the apt number, but you could read my name, so it finally got to my Inbox.

So for seven months, I was likely being sent bills that I never got. Yet not once did I get a phone call informing me that I had a bill that was past due. The ultimate kicker? The bill is $5.64, so it's not like they would have sent the bill and I would have been unable to scrape together the cash to pay.

They are so getting a nasty letter with my check. Morons.