A space to post my thoughts and musings about anything. This includes but is not limited to community, politics, current events, relationships, LGBTQ+ issues, favorite things, and stuff that would make your dead relatives blush. I am not afraid to go there, as some can attest.

January 04, 2009

End of 2008...Beginning of 2009

Ya know, despite anything and everything that could have happened with 2008, I ended up having a good year and look forward to whatever 2009 may bring.

The only resolutions I have this year are to maintain the changes to my eating and exercise, including continuing with shovelgloving, and to completely clear out my credit card debt.  I already have the plans in place, so it will not be difficult to do.

Beyond that, I just want to continue to enjoy myself.  I have started seeing a few folks to get to know them.  We'll see where it goes, but definitely nothing serious for right now.

I had a good NYE, spent it in Baltimore with a few friends of mine.  I got a few Christmas presents from them, including a coffee table book of pinup girls (I totally owe them gifts).  We went to a house party at a neighbors house and I met several new folks as well.  Crashed out for the night, got up and had breakfast at Paper Moon Cafe before heading home to Greenbelt, where I spent some time getting laundry and such done.

Unlike most people on Friday, I did go to work, and it was a rather quiet day.  I didn't have any assigned work so I decided to do some cleanup on a project, which is something I have wanted to do for a while but I just haven't had time to do it.  I then went to Cobalt and hung out with DB and some friends of his before retiring for the night.

Saturday was spent running errands, I got my glasses fixed up and picked up packages, along with getting the oil changed in the car.  Apparently I had sludge buildup in the oil so the engine had to be flushed as well, and that meant more money to get the car fixed, but that's how it goes.  At least I won't have to do that for a few years.  I went and wandered around DC with James and Brian and got a few pictures as well.

Today I got to watch the Ravens destroy the Dolphins while at Nellies.  There was a group of guys who were either Dolphins fans, or were just cheering them on because they didn't want Baltimore to win, either way they were disappointed.  So now my "What's Our Name? Ravens" shirt isn't out of date when I get it this week.  The next game will be tough since we are playing against the Tennessee Titans, but I think we have a good shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment