A space to post my thoughts and musings about anything. This includes but is not limited to community, politics, current events, relationships, LGBTQ+ issues, favorite things, and stuff that would make your dead relatives blush. I am not afraid to go there, as some can attest.

April 11, 2009

Worst. Timing. Ever!

What the fuck is it with DC clubs scheduling major DJ's and events the night before Easter?

Tonight one of my favorite DJ's, DJ Chris Cox is spinning at Town, and the 9:30 club is holding Blowoff, and so I am getting invites to head there as well.  It figures that it is on a night when I have other obligations, namely that I am participating in the Easter Vigil at church.  Besides that, I will be attending services in the morning.

So what the hell?  This is a night when many folks could be out of town visiting family, or if they're like me, they're attending Easter services.  Bad timing there DC clubs, not all the gays are against organized religion or hate their families.

Too bad, I would have given them my business.


No comments:

Post a Comment