A space to post my thoughts and musings about anything. This includes but is not limited to community, politics, current events, relationships, LGBTQ+ issues, favorite things, and stuff that would make your dead relatives blush. I am not afraid to go there, as some can attest.

November 17, 2009

And We're Back!

Two months ago, I had a situation happen.  Someone I knew contacted me out of the blue, and then was trying to get some personal information about me in a round-about way.  Not sure as to what the motives of this person was, I decided that I needed to go into a "lockdown" of personal things I had online.  That included this blog, my photos posted to online photo albums, my twitter account, and verifying that Facebook and MySpace were already locked up to outsiders (they were).

This lockdown represented taking a major step back for myself because I do try to be pretty open about my life because it's not like I talk about or post things would violate an employer policy.  Unfortunately, some people like to stick their nose into everything and then try to spin it into something evil.

Despite that, it's not like I stopped blogging, posting pictures, and tweeting, it just meant no one else could see it at this point.  However, I do like to write and put things out there, and see what people think, so I figured that this lockdown would not be permanent.  I would just let things get calm, wait until it looked like things were safe, and then come back online.  It has been 60 days since the initial lockdown, so I feel it should be fine by now.

The sad thing is it is not like this is the first time in my life I have had to do something like this.  I went through a similar lockdown a few years ago, and so to set up this lockdown was rather easy because I knew the steps I had to take.  I also had a number of things that were not easily seen by outsiders, so it was just a matter of tweaking one setting and increasing the privacy level.

Oh well, we'll see what happens.  If this person finds all this and tries to start trouble with this information, I believe it's going to come back to haunt them.  My life should be none of their damn business anyway.

On the other hand, it also gave me the chance to find a new layout for my blog and give it a facelift as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment