A space to post my thoughts and musings about anything. This includes but is not limited to community, politics, current events, relationships, LGBTQ+ issues, favorite things, and stuff that would make your dead relatives blush. I am not afraid to go there, as some can attest.

January 31, 2010

Nice Try...

Last Friday I was making arrangements to head out to dinner with a guy I've been seeing.  He suggested going to Asia Nine over near Gallery Place.  I had never been there and I wanted to see what the food was like, so I went and looked up their website and menu.  One of the first things I happened to spot when I got to their site was the following event announcements.

Whether Single or Attached, Asia Nine is the Place to be on Valentine’s Day Weekend, February 13th and 14th.

So that piqued my curiosity.  I don't have anyone in my life right now and so when it comes to valentines day, it usually means a day that I avoid going out.  Primarily it's because most restaurants and places for going out are doing specials and events that are themed for couples, not for singles.  So I pull up the event, and they display their special Valentines Day Menu.

The first thing that I see is that every single item has some sort of name that implies love or coupling.  I found myself annoyed at seeing this, because for a place to advertise that they want singles or couples to show up and then to have every menu item be more themed to couples just seems to be in poor taste.  Way to remind those of us who are single that we are just that.  Quite frankly, it doesn't make me want to go there for Valentines Day.

Oh well, I'm sure I can go find my own thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment