A space to post my thoughts and musings about anything. This includes but is not limited to community, politics, current events, dating, GLBTQ issues, favorite things, and stuff that would make your dead relatives blush. I am not afraid to go there, as some can attest.

January 07, 2008

Cheddar and Black Pepper Gougeres





My friend Brian sent me this recipe for Gougeres today, and I decided to try making my own, but using cheddar cheese instead of bleu cheese since that is what I had in the house already. As you can see from the above pictures, it looks like they turned out well, and I can say that they tasted great. I may have to whip these up for Mardi Gras next month. The only thing I would change with my recipe is to try sharp cheddar rather than mild cheddar. The recipe says that you can pretty much try any cheese and other spice, so I encourage you to experiment and find what you like.