A space to post my thoughts and musings about anything. This includes but is not limited to community, politics, current events, relationships, LGBTQ+ issues, favorite things, and stuff that would make your dead relatives blush. I am not afraid to go there, as some can attest.

February 06, 2008

Still Trying to Decide

With a week until the primaries in Maryland, I still haven't made up my mind as to who to vote for in the Democratic primary. There's a lot to consider, and based on my research so far, Clinton and Obama have very similar ideas as to what they want to do. It's going to come down to the details and who I think would be the better president overall.

Currently I'm leaning a bit more towards Clinton. Why? Because everyone who I have talked to that has said they are voting for Obama can never give me a substantial answer as to why they're voting for him. The answer tends to be because they think he will be different and/or he's not a Clinton. Well that doesn't tell me shit. Also, from hearing some of the debates, she has some more realistic ideas of what it will take to accomplish some of the big issues, such as Iraq.

However, no matter who I vote for in the primary next week, I will vote for the democratic candidate in November, unless they pull off some massively royal fuck-up (like killing someone) between June and November.

No comments:

Post a Comment