A space to post my thoughts and musings about anything. This includes but is not limited to community, politics, current events, dating, GLBTQ issues, favorite things, and stuff that would make your dead relatives blush. I am not afraid to go there, as some can attest.

June 09, 2009

A BF Free Summer

This June marks my fourth year (and fifth summer) since moving to the DC area, and I am declaring that for me this summer will be a BF Free summer.

To recap a bit of history, 2005 and 2006 were with MS, 2007 with JS, and 2008 with JH.  So every summer I have been in a relationship with someone, and I have come to figure that after spending enough time being with others, for once I should enjoy a summer in DC where I am on my own.

What's driving this line of thought is that right now I really don't have a desire to be  in a relationship.  I've been enjoying the past few months since stepping back down to casual dating with TB.  I'm enjoying going out with folks just to go out with them.  I finally get it for once about what friends and family have been saying to me about going out and dating a number of folks to find out just what it is I like and don't like. 

So, it's time to do my thing and have fun with it.  I can look at getting serious with someone else later.