A space to post my thoughts and musings about anything. This includes but is not limited to community, politics, current events, relationships, LGBTQ+ issues, favorite things, and stuff that would make your dead relatives blush. I am not afraid to go there, as some can attest.

June 09, 2009

A BF Free Summer

This June marks my fourth year (and fifth summer) since moving to the DC area, and I am declaring that for me this summer will be a BF Free summer.

To recap a bit of history, 2005 and 2006 were with MS, 2007 with JS, and 2008 with JH.  So every summer I have been in a relationship with someone, and I have come to figure that after spending enough time being with others, for once I should enjoy a summer in DC where I am on my own.

What's driving this line of thought is that right now I really don't have a desire to be  in a relationship.  I've been enjoying the past few months since stepping back down to casual dating with TB.  I'm enjoying going out with folks just to go out with them.  I finally get it for once about what friends and family have been saying to me about going out and dating a number of folks to find out just what it is I like and don't like. 

So, it's time to do my thing and have fun with it.  I can look at getting serious with someone else later.

No comments:

Post a Comment