A space to post my thoughts and musings about anything. This includes but is not limited to community, politics, current events, dating, GLBTQ issues, favorite things, and stuff that would make your dead relatives blush. I am not afraid to go there, as some can attest.

September 17, 2007

More Exercise

Since the weather has finally cooled off, I am going to start running again. Today was my first day, I made a loop from Crescent Road up to Ridge Road and back down again for a total of 3.3 miles of running. I actually did quite well for myself because there was very little time that I had to walk during that loop. I think I will keep this one up and then start adding more distance. So if you're out and about in Old Greenbelt, you just might see me out there.

Also, I decided instead of buying a new bike that I would get my current one tuned back up so I can start riding to Metro again. It looks like I'll be getting about 5 miles of riding in, so that will be some good exercise, plus I'll save money when I don't have to take the bus! This decision came about because I decided to take a shot at the local bike shop and see what they would say about my bike. It turned out that a regular tune-up plus a new chain could get my bike up and running without issue, and it was about 1/3-1/5 of the cost of buying a new bike, so you know what I would rather do. Really, my current bike is not a bad bike anyway, but I will admit the styles have changed a lot since it was purchased 17 years ago by my dad. Still, I'd rather just keep riding it until it finally falls apart, then I can consider a new bike.