A space to post my thoughts and musings about anything. This includes but is not limited to community, politics, current events, relationships, LGBTQ+ issues, favorite things, and stuff that would make your dead relatives blush. I am not afraid to go there, as some can attest.

March 18, 2008

Run Away, Run Away!!

The thought that comes to mind right now is the commercials for Southwest Airlines, Wanna Get Away?

Well I certainly got away alright. My morning started out with an early wakeup call, a dropoff at the airport (thanks babe!), two hops and here I am at the parents house in Phoenix.

It's been over a year since I have visited my parents so I was due for a visit anyway, especially since I couldn't afford to go last Christmas. Thanks to a sale, I decided to get outta DC and head over this way. I also knew I needed to do it now because of how things are going to heat up at work over the next few months with projects hitting the field.

So I'm here, and now it's time for fun and sun. I can't freaking wait, I don't have to think about work for the next seven days, and I get to do whatever I want.

By the way, did I mention I have the worlds best boyfriend? Not only did he actually get up at 4:00 this morning to drive me to the airport, he said that he won't bother me while I'm on vacation, he won't call unless I call him first. That's such a refreshing change from a boyfriend that calls me up and cries over the phone because I only talked to him for five minutes in the past two days, so that must mean I don't care about him anymore. I like it when I can be trusted.

Too bad the pool is still about 40F.

No comments:

Post a Comment