A space to post my thoughts and musings about anything. This includes but is not limited to community, politics, current events, relationships, LGBTQ+ issues, favorite things, and stuff that would make your dead relatives blush. I am not afraid to go there, as some can attest.

March 18, 2008

Trainwreck Syndrome...

...or why I need to stay off of the MySpace search function.

Every so often I like to do a school search on MySpace of my old high school and I skim through the results to see what the people I knew there are up to. I don't actually read the profiles (keeps me off of any trackers). I could claim that I do it just because I am curious about how folks are doing, but there's a bit of a darker side to it.

I do it just to prove that I am doing better than them.

Come on though, I can't be the only one who has done it or thought about doing it.

Thing is, I'm also basically right. Most of my classmates ended up staying in and around the town, or if they moved away it wasn't very far. I would say of the 80 profiles I can pull up, there's maybe 10 of us who actually live outside of Arizona. Of course it's also fun to see the ones that thought they were hot shit now basically stuck in a dead-end job and they don't look so very cute anymore. As for education, well it looks like many of them took the easy route and now it's come back to bite them in the ass.

There is one surprise...someone I thought was going to do quite well has apparently moved back to Arizona.

Of course, I also got some vindication as well...one girl who I worked with that would tease me that I was so gay...she just came out as a lesbian. Now I'm just waiting for some of the guys who won't answer the sexual orientation question on MySpace or have answered not sure to come out as well, the irony being that some of them were those who continually bashed me verbally.

I guess I truly do get the last laugh *muahahahahahahahahahahaha* Karma sure can be a bitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment