A space to post my thoughts and musings about anything. This includes but is not limited to community, politics, current events, dating, GLBTQ issues, favorite things, and stuff that would make your dead relatives blush. I am not afraid to go there, as some can attest.

August 12, 2008

Hurt...Repeat

I'm going through the Hundred Pushups program and I redo the fitness test after two weeks like you're supposed to. I increased the number of pushups from 16 to 26, so it's a very good start. That also means things get ramped up a notch. Unfortunately for me last week, my body decided to tell me I tried doing the number of pushups at too high of a level, so I ended up hurt last week from doing it, and didn't do the two other days I was supposed to do.

I'm going to repeat week 3 at a lower level and hopefully I won't hurt myself this time. I found I was able to get through the workout tonight without collapsing after the third set, so I must be on the right track.

Here's to being on my way to greater upper body strength.