A space to post my thoughts and musings about anything. This includes but is not limited to community, politics, current events, dating, GLBTQ issues, favorite things, and stuff that would make your dead relatives blush. I am not afraid to go there, as some can attest.

October 20, 2008

Disconnection Day 3

Sunday had to be one of my laziest days in a long time. Most of the other campers packed up and left by early afternoon. T gifted me with a beautiful homemade crocheted hat and scarf that will come in handy this winter. Thanks to Sirius radio, I was able to hear the Ravens break their losing streak. After the game I went to the memorial garden that is nearby the site. It's a very quiet place where people leave memorials to those who have passed. It is also a good place to sit and meditate as well, which I did, besides taking a few pictures of the streambed.

Had dinner of some leftover soup and S'mores for dessert. It may have been about 7 years since I last did it, but I still have my fire starting skills, and it was a great bit of warmth for a cold night. It was a very chilly day and the night was even colder, but luckily I prepared with extra blankets and clothing, so I was able to get through the night without freezing to death.