A space to post my thoughts and musings about anything. This includes but is not limited to community, politics, current events, dating, GLBTQ issues, favorite things, and stuff that would make your dead relatives blush. I am not afraid to go there, as some can attest.

October 20, 2008

Disconnection Day 4

It was an enjoyable four days of camping, but I was ready to come home and finally be back in my nice warm bed. I broke down camp, which was rather easy thanks to tenting, and slowly made my way back to civilization. Interestingly enough thanks to the cold, I never had to buy any more ice since Friday. I had put 2 bags into my food cooler, I think only about 1 bags worth melted. I have pictures of how much was left in my cooler when I got home.

I drove down the turnpike, called into a radio show and teased one of the hosts since she is a dolphins fan, and made plans to meet with a friend of mine, CR. He works on the turnpike on their radio communications and I was passing by his shop anyway, so I was able to stop and have a chat with him before heading down further.

Got through PA and DE just find, had some issues in Baltimore because someone got into a wreck by the toll plaza at the inner harbor tunnel. Got home, unpacked, let a few people know I was home, then made a run over to Costco to look for a new car battery. They didn't have one in my size so I had to hit the auto parts store. This morning my battery was slow to turn over, and it is nearly 5 years old, so it was time for a new one. Testing it at the store proved it, so now there's a new battery.

Now I am just watching movies and relaxing. My tent is laying flat so that it can air out since it has a campfire smell. I am feeling very relaxed at the moment, and tired as well. I should head to bed shortly since I have had a long day and I have work in the morning. I will post later about the campground itself and some of the things I thought about and learned over the weekend. Besides that, I have pictures to put up on flickr.