A space to post my thoughts and musings about anything. This includes but is not limited to community, politics, current events, dating, GLBTQ issues, favorite things, and stuff that would make your dead relatives blush. I am not afraid to go there, as some can attest.

November 17, 2008

More Gay Stuff

One thing I forgot to mention when it comes to "meaningful." If there is a company that actively gave to same-sex marriage ban campaigns or has a known record of discrimination against Gay, Lesbian, Transgendered or Bisexual people, then write a letter to them expressing your views, and don't patronize their business or buy their products until they change. Hit them in the wallet where it hurts.

In other news, I am dismayed to read some of Prince's views on gay people and same-sex marriage. Yes I get it that it is part of his beliefs, and he can choose to believe them and express those beliefs. At the same time, I can choose to basically say "I think your narrow viewpoint stinks" and not buy any more of his music. I have dropped his music out of my active rotation of MP3's, removed Purple Rain from my Netflix queue, and like I just mentioned, I won't be buying any more of his music.

Too bad, he's a talented person, but he doesn't deserve my money.