A space to post my thoughts and musings about anything. This includes but is not limited to community, politics, current events, relationships, LGBTQ+ issues, favorite things, and stuff that would make your dead relatives blush. I am not afraid to go there, as some can attest.

May 04, 2009

Updates

I sent my final draft of my paper to be published last Thursday.  My bosses reported that it was a good paper overall, and the comments they did have were very constructive.  Now it is time for me to write the presentation since I will be presenting within a month, eek!

The Italian dinner at my church last Sunday went well, and the homemade meatballs and sauce I made based on my grandmother's recipe went over very well.  I also got to help with some of the other cooking, and sang some karaoke as well.

Today was one of the laziest days off I have had in the longest time.  I did go to the laundromat and get all of my blankets washed.  When the coupon I have for space bags becomes valid, I am going to use it to pack them away.  I did go to a meeting to look at my church's website and see how we can make sure it gets updated and such.  Beyond that, I just kicked back at home.  It wasn't like I could do much outside due to rain.

I made awesome peanut butter cookies tonight.

I seem to have lost my SmartTrip card, which pisses me off because it means that right now I can't download my benefits.  I need to call Metro tomorrow and report it so I can recover what was left on my card, plus hopefully be able to download my benefits, even if it is a bit late.

I am so over the news about the H1N1 flu, or the "swine panic" as I like to call it.  I think it's going to end up being a whole bunch of nothing.  What does bother me though is that I could end up not being allowed to make my presentation if people continue to panic and then our governments think it's a good idea to close their borders to one another.  I actually had to do the unthinkable and purchase trip cancellation insurance for the personal part of my trip so I could get my money back if this happens.  It's so stupid that I even had to think about it.  People, seriously, just wash your damn hands and stay the hell home if you feel sick, and we'll be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment