A space to post my thoughts and musings about anything. This includes but is not limited to community, politics, current events, dating, GLBTQ issues, favorite things, and stuff that would make your dead relatives blush. I am not afraid to go there, as some can attest.

May 04, 2009

Updates

I sent my final draft of my paper to be published last Thursday.  My bosses reported that it was a good paper overall, and the comments they did have were very constructive.  Now it is time for me to write the presentation since I will be presenting within a month, eek!

The Italian dinner at my church last Sunday went well, and the homemade meatballs and sauce I made based on my grandmother's recipe went over very well.  I also got to help with some of the other cooking, and sang some karaoke as well.

Today was one of the laziest days off I have had in the longest time.  I did go to the laundromat and get all of my blankets washed.  When the coupon I have for space bags becomes valid, I am going to use it to pack them away.  I did go to a meeting to look at my church's website and see how we can make sure it gets updated and such.  Beyond that, I just kicked back at home.  It wasn't like I could do much outside due to rain.

I made awesome peanut butter cookies tonight.

I seem to have lost my SmartTrip card, which pisses me off because it means that right now I can't download my benefits.  I need to call Metro tomorrow and report it so I can recover what was left on my card, plus hopefully be able to download my benefits, even if it is a bit late.

I am so over the news about the H1N1 flu, or the "swine panic" as I like to call it.  I think it's going to end up being a whole bunch of nothing.  What does bother me though is that I could end up not being allowed to make my presentation if people continue to panic and then our governments think it's a good idea to close their borders to one another.  I actually had to do the unthinkable and purchase trip cancellation insurance for the personal part of my trip so I could get my money back if this happens.  It's so stupid that I even had to think about it.  People, seriously, just wash your damn hands and stay the hell home if you feel sick, and we'll be fine.