A space to post my thoughts and musings about anything. This includes but is not limited to community, politics, current events, relationships, LGBTQ+ issues, favorite things, and stuff that would make your dead relatives blush. I am not afraid to go there, as some can attest.

October 09, 2007

Recent Museum Visits


Census Jug, originally uploaded by theblackdog2071.

The Census Jug pictured above was one of many items that I saw at the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum. What is this jug doing in the Air and Space museum? Well, since the American History Museum is being remodeled, a number of "America's treasures" are on display in the Air and Space museum.

Basically I was down in DC one Saturday because I was supposed to meet someone, he stood me up, so I said fuck it and headed over. So I got to see all the planes and space capsules and rockets as well besides a few treasures of American History. For all of my 'mo readers, there some gay rights protest signs on display as well in the museum.

I think that as I visit and revisit various museums in DC, I'm going to keep adding to the Flickr Museum set I created, and I'll let y'all know when I update them.

No comments:

Post a Comment