A space to post my thoughts and musings about anything. This includes but is not limited to community, politics, current events, relationships, LGBTQ+ issues, favorite things, and stuff that would make your dead relatives blush. I am not afraid to go there, as some can attest.

June 04, 2008

Crazy Storms

So for the first time since I started working at the bureau, we actually had a call for "shelter in place" thanks to the fact that there was a tornado warning in our area this afternoon. Basically it meant we got to go sit somewhere that was away from windows and wait until they told us to go back to our offices.

I actually have a bag for when these happen, so I cranked up the radio (literally) and listened to all the craziness that was the weather today. We had several strong thunderstorms in our area, and southern Maryland seems to have gotten a few tornadoes. Basically we got to watch as it went from light to dark in a matter of minutes and then the rain just covered the windows within seconds, add on the wind on top of that and the light show, and it made for an interesting afternoon and evening. I think it's a good thing my car is not parked under a tree, but if we have another hailstorm, I'll have to check to make sure I still have a windshield.

I guess it was a good thing I didn't bike to metro, though I did want to go out biking tonight. However, it's a wee bit difficult to do that when there's a thunderstorm outside ;-)

So now to just watch and see what happens, though from what I hear, it's going to get hot and humid...just great. :-/

No comments:

Post a Comment