A space to post my thoughts and musings about anything. This includes but is not limited to community, politics, current events, relationships, LGBTQ+ issues, favorite things, and stuff that would make your dead relatives blush. I am not afraid to go there, as some can attest.

October 18, 2009

Oktoberfest

Tonight St. Georges had their annual Oktoberfest celebration, and while this year it was different, the differences were a lot of fun.

To start with, we had a bigger spread of food, there were potato pancakes, red cabbage, sauerkraut, bratwurst, bockwurst, pork tenderloin, German potato salad, onions and cabbage, pickles, and bread. I don't think there was anyone that was left unsatisfied this evening, and in fact most of the food was gone by the end of the event.

We hired a musician who regularly plays over at Blobs Park for entertainment. I didn't see much dancing, but we did cheer and appreciate the music as it was being played. He helped out later with our raffle that we had put on with lots of prizes.

There was also a bingo game held this evening, and it was fun, though I didn't win (dammit!). The silent auction went decent, I won some mini beer steins. However, I think the auction might be better suited for Mardi Gras.

The big thing for me though was to sit and catch up with some folks I have not seen for a while. A number of us have been busy lately with stuff going on in our own lives that we've missed seeing one another at services or other social events. So I always like it when I have the chance to sit with folks again.

Overall, a great party, I wonder what we're going to be up to next.

No comments:

Post a Comment