A space to post my thoughts and musings about anything. This includes but is not limited to community, politics, current events, relationships, LGBTQ+ issues, favorite things, and stuff that would make your dead relatives blush. I am not afraid to go there, as some can attest.

May 08, 2010

4/12/2010 22:00, Champ de Mars "Peace Monument" Paris, France

Silly moment of today, asking a traffic cop where the street that the wine cellar sits on is at, and it turns out I was right at the intersection.

I'm sitting here watching the tower sparkle again, likely the final time I'll see it this trip.  It is much like the Washington Monument back home, in that it is a vantage point for people to find.  I find that comforting.



I'm glad I took this trip down here, despite the occasional hiccups and mistakes it has been a great life experience.  Once again opportunity knocked and I took it.  I sincerely hope to come back again.  There is so much I did, and still some left, but there is so much I still need to do.  However, it is time for me to go home.  I have loved it but I am ready to return to DC.  As odd as it has felt at times, to be able to be disconnected helped.  I did not have to worry about things at home and no no has been very good news for me.  I just hope there are no nasty surprises when I return.

I should go back to the hostel soon.  My backlog of photos is nearly 700 and growing, I should get some put up now, and I can put more up on the train later.

The sparkle is over, people are leaving so I should go away well, it keeps me from being a target.

No comments:

Post a Comment