A space to post my thoughts and musings about anything. This includes but is not limited to community, politics, current events, dating, GLBTQ issues, favorite things, and stuff that would make your dead relatives blush. I am not afraid to go there, as some can attest.

June 21, 2007

Introductions

It's hard to believe it, but nearly five years ago I started writing an online journal. At the time I was 19 years old and a second year student majoring in Computer Science at Western New Mexico University in Silver City, New Mexico. The biggest reason I started writing was because I just wanted to put down what was on my mind and be able to record what I experienced in my life. I was glad I did because it enabled me to get my thoughts out of my mind and down on paper, where I could review later with a different perspective if there was something unresolved. Besides that, other people could view and throw in their own thoughts as well.

So much has changed for me since I first started writing. Obviously I got older and hopefully a bit wiser as well. I came out of the closet, graduated college, moved across the country to work in Washington, DC, helped set up a community group for GLBT folk in Greenbelt, MD where I live, and found religion as well. Besides that, fell in love, fell out of love, learned to enjoy being on my own as well.

Despite all the changes I had made to myself, I continued with my current blogging service (Livejournal), and I found I got bored with it. Add on top of that that I started to get a bit more selective about what I wrote because of the people I knew were reading it, it just stopped being productive for me to write. Don't get me wrong, Livejournal is a nice place to start, but it can get stale after a while, and it's hard to change things without causing drama somewhere. I hate drama, period, and I will avoid it if I can. I also began to feel that I wanted to write and know that people were reading because they found what I was writing interesting, not because they felt obligated to read me because they know who I am.

So, it's time to start anew, and what better than right over here? I get the blogging minus the chance for drama, and only those who are interested in what I have to say will read, and those who don't won't.

To use a phrase I've said a lot over the last few weeks, let's see where it goes.