A space to post my thoughts and musings about anything. This includes but is not limited to community, politics, current events, relationships, LGBTQ+ issues, favorite things, and stuff that would make your dead relatives blush. I am not afraid to go there, as some can attest.

June 21, 2007

Introductions

It's hard to believe it, but nearly five years ago I started writing an online journal. At the time I was 19 years old and a second year student majoring in Computer Science at Western New Mexico University in Silver City, New Mexico. The biggest reason I started writing was because I just wanted to put down what was on my mind and be able to record what I experienced in my life. I was glad I did because it enabled me to get my thoughts out of my mind and down on paper, where I could review later with a different perspective if there was something unresolved. Besides that, other people could view and throw in their own thoughts as well.

So much has changed for me since I first started writing. Obviously I got older and hopefully a bit wiser as well. I came out of the closet, graduated college, moved across the country to work in Washington, DC, helped set up a community group for GLBT folk in Greenbelt, MD where I live, and found religion as well. Besides that, fell in love, fell out of love, learned to enjoy being on my own as well.

Despite all the changes I had made to myself, I continued with my current blogging service (Livejournal), and I found I got bored with it. Add on top of that that I started to get a bit more selective about what I wrote because of the people I knew were reading it, it just stopped being productive for me to write. Don't get me wrong, Livejournal is a nice place to start, but it can get stale after a while, and it's hard to change things without causing drama somewhere. I hate drama, period, and I will avoid it if I can. I also began to feel that I wanted to write and know that people were reading because they found what I was writing interesting, not because they felt obligated to read me because they know who I am.

So, it's time to start anew, and what better than right over here? I get the blogging minus the chance for drama, and only those who are interested in what I have to say will read, and those who don't won't.

To use a phrase I've said a lot over the last few weeks, let's see where it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment