A space to post my thoughts and musings about anything. This includes but is not limited to community, politics, current events, dating, GLBTQ issues, favorite things, and stuff that would make your dead relatives blush. I am not afraid to go there, as some can attest.

June 13, 2008

Almost Done

This week has been so freaking busy, thank God I get Monday off.

Work has been me diagnosing and fixing some program issues. As usual the users find creative ways to break my stuff and then I have to fix it. However, I'll admit one was something that I should have thought about but didn't. It does make for interesting E-mails when I report back to my sponsors that the error is both a training issue and a program issue. Such is the life of a programmer.

I have also been attending the Pride events, which have led to some late evenings. Most event have been a hit, the few misses are really more about the fact that I don't care for the type of event rather than what Pride puts on. I'll have a more detailed report next week and it could also serve as a guide as to what to visit, and what to run away from.

This week though can certainly be draining, and I can tell it's having an effect on me. Well okay, it probably doesn't help that I haven't been sleeping as much as I should, but that's more my own fault. Either way, I'll correct that.

Friday night...well, that is going to get interesting. JH (and a few other folks) read my last blog on my thoughts about Christian Soriano and what I would do at the club. At first he was giving me some hell for my logic behind wearing fetish wear, but then he seemed to have changed his mind. As I found out, the reason for that is because he wants to see how people react. Some of his friends want to witness this as well, I think they just want to see if I have the balls to follow through with it. The most hilarious comment this week was after JH telling a friend of his about what I was going to wear (Nasty Pig gear) she said "If I was a guy, I'd totally have a hard-on right now." Glad to know I still got it ;-)

I look forward to Saturday and the parade. I just wish I had my sign from last year, but maybe I'll get a shot at making one again. If you're in the DC/MD/NoVA area and will be attending the pride parade, I'll be walking with St. Georges Episcopal Church. Then I'll be busy with JH and a few others setting up the festival site while y'all are sleeping. Sunday is the festival, and that should be interesting in itself. I can't wait.

Monday is recovery day for me, though if I have enough energy I'll run away to Six Flags America and Hurricane Harbor as well.