There are many reasons I want to do this:
- 1. I could use more upper body strength
- 2. I have never done 100 pushups at once...hell, I don't think I ever did much more than 20 at once, so this would be a good challenge.
- 3. It would help tone up the muscle and get rid of the fat on my chest.
- 4. It will help give me the discipline to be able to stick with an exercise program.
- 5. The potential to gain muscle from this means I'll look hot (yes I'm vain!).
I did the initial test the other day, and could only do 10 pushups, that's pathetic, I know I can do better. In fact, I did 16 when I was supposed to max out at the end of the workout, but perhaps that's because I was already pumped up from exercising?
So this should be fun as well. I look forward to completing it, and I will be logging my progress here. I will be able to do at least 100 pushups on September 2.
Once I am done with it, I'll move on to ShovelGlove