A space to post my thoughts and musings about anything. This includes but is not limited to community, politics, current events, relationships, LGBTQ+ issues, favorite things, and stuff that would make your dead relatives blush. I am not afraid to go there, as some can attest.

July 22, 2008

Calling Tim Gunn

The theme this week seems to be "Make it work."

I say that based on the open dialogue that has been going on between JH and I over the last few days.

Sunday night it started with a rather open conversation where we ended up going over some things that had been making the other crazy, and it was very honest, some people would probably wonder why we're still speaking to one another. Eventually JH decided he was heading out to DC, at this point we were considering getting back together, but we were going to take it one day at a time. A while later I get a text from him, he's tired and needs a place to crash, so can he crash at my place. I've got an extra bed anyway so sure he can crash with me.

He arrives, immediately drops trou and we end up in the bedroom. It catches me off guard, but hey, who am I to complain when I'm getting some from JH? As it would later turn out, because I had basically stood up to him during our earlier dialogue, it brought back some of the spark.

The next morning the conversation continues, and we decide that we want to try to work things out between us. To me, what we have discussed so far and continue to discuss are the typical problems that can occur in any relationship, it's just that this time around the both of us are willing to have that brutal honesty to say what's going on. Neither one of us are perfect, and no relationship is sunshine and happiness all the time. We are both going to have our bad moments, both individually and together. It is a matter of how do we both deal with the bad times as well as the good. I know where my issues lie, and so does JH, but we both want to make the effort to work them out.

It's like I have always said, we'll see what happens, but if we can move and grow with this experience, we'll ultimately have a better relationship out of it. I want to make it work, and he wants to make it work.

No comments:

Post a Comment