A space to post my thoughts and musings about anything. This includes but is not limited to community, politics, current events, dating, GLBTQ issues, favorite things, and stuff that would make your dead relatives blush. I am not afraid to go there, as some can attest.

October 09, 2008

Companion vs Self

I must get way too optomistic at times, or Ijust dont always think that far ahead. 

I love going out and doing stuff, especially seeing live events, and I am used to going with people.  Of course, with some events, it means buying tickets in advance.  I don't know what posessed me, but for some events, instead of buying one ticket, I bought two.  Maybe I hoped that I could use them as an excuse to take a date.

The more I think about it, the more I wonder if it was such a good idea.  Some of these venues are definitely not the kind of place where you would just take a casual date.  It would be more appropriate to take either a good friend, or someone you're seriously seeing.  I do not think I will be seriously seeing anyone in November or December (nor do I plan to look for anyone) so it's a matter of what do I decide to do.

I may make a few inquiries for Tina Turner and see if there is interest among my circle.  As for the Ravens vs Redskins game, I now have an extra ticket, but I don't know anyone who is a fan like I am.  The other factor is the parent factor, my parents will be visiting and they are going to the game with me.  I dont want it to be misconstrued that if someone goes with me that they think that I must want to get serious because my parents are there as well.

If it doesn't pan out, I'll figure out what to do.