A space to post my thoughts and musings about anything. This includes but is not limited to community, politics, current events, relationships, LGBTQ+ issues, favorite things, and stuff that would make your dead relatives blush. I am not afraid to go there, as some can attest.

October 09, 2008

Companion vs Self

I must get way too optomistic at times, or Ijust dont always think that far ahead. 

I love going out and doing stuff, especially seeing live events, and I am used to going with people.  Of course, with some events, it means buying tickets in advance.  I don't know what posessed me, but for some events, instead of buying one ticket, I bought two.  Maybe I hoped that I could use them as an excuse to take a date.

The more I think about it, the more I wonder if it was such a good idea.  Some of these venues are definitely not the kind of place where you would just take a casual date.  It would be more appropriate to take either a good friend, or someone you're seriously seeing.  I do not think I will be seriously seeing anyone in November or December (nor do I plan to look for anyone) so it's a matter of what do I decide to do.

I may make a few inquiries for Tina Turner and see if there is interest among my circle.  As for the Ravens vs Redskins game, I now have an extra ticket, but I don't know anyone who is a fan like I am.  The other factor is the parent factor, my parents will be visiting and they are going to the game with me.  I dont want it to be misconstrued that if someone goes with me that they think that I must want to get serious because my parents are there as well.

If it doesn't pan out, I'll figure out what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment