A space to post my thoughts and musings about anything. This includes but is not limited to community, politics, current events, relationships, LGBTQ+ issues, favorite things, and stuff that would make your dead relatives blush. I am not afraid to go there, as some can attest.

July 10, 2007

Update on Violence

I wrote about the attack that occurred in Greenbelt. Well I talked with my friend about making a presence in the center during our "Other Friday" dinner and we agreed it would be a good idea. Last Friday we were sitting outside in the center, and yes, there were a number of suspect persons hanging out in the center as well. Within ten minutes, they headed out of there and away from us, so I would chalk that up as a success. Anyone who did gather in the center later were generally just there, not causing any trouble, and even if they wanted to start some, they knew they were being watched.

I only hope that other folks in Greenbelt will start making a presence in the center as well, as GreenBeLT Pride can't be the ones doing it all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment