A space to post my thoughts and musings about anything. This includes but is not limited to community, politics, current events, relationships, LGBTQ+ issues, favorite things, and stuff that would make your dead relatives blush. I am not afraid to go there, as some can attest.

August 24, 2007

Straightening Things Out

I have a few other plans in mind for the next month or two.

After Godspell, my focus will be on getting everything of mine packed. As I go through items, I will decide whether they need to go with me, they should stay behind with Mike, they need to be donated to charity, or they simply need to be thrown out. I have already donated nearly an entire bookshelf of books, and I will be going through my clothes (especially the smoke filled ones) to make donations. My goal is to take only the basic stuff that I need. I don't have a huge amount of space in my new apartment, and the last thing I want to do is fill it up with things that I'm not going to use. I am also making a list of things I will need to buy for the new place. It's all the simple stuff; dish soap, a broom, a vacuum cleaner, a mop, hand soap, bath soap, etc.

I have already made my change of address request to the post office. My cell phone is now in my name, the newspaper is now in my name and the change of address is on file with them. I will be picking up my DSL kit either tonight or tomorrow so I have that ready to plug in when I move over to the new apartment. The only other thing I need to get my own account for is Netflix, and I will do that as soon as I move.

For a mid-week treat, if I can get a lot of things packed before next Wednesday, I'll go to Six Flags, but if I don't get enough done, I won't go and I will continue to pack. Thankfully my nights will be free after Sunday.

September 8, I am getting those keys to the new place and getting the hell out of Dodge. Hopefully I have enough help to get everything out, but the prospects are looking good right now. I have a moving dolly lined up to use, which will definitely be needed, especially when those crates of books are moved. After I get things into the new place, I will spend the rest of the weekend and Monday unpacking. If I focus on getting unpacked I can have it done quickly.

After that, it's my time to get settled. As of now I am basically on hiatus from dating for at least a month because I really do need to get things settled and consider just what it is that I want to do. I already have plans forming in my head, and right now they're all about me; and you know what? I'm just fine with that. I will be joining the local fitness center because it's cheap for residents to join ($190 for the whole year! It's not on the website) and I know there's a lot I can do to get in shape there. I'm going to go out and do the things I want to do, whenever I want to do them. No it doesn't mean I'm not going to see my friends, I will still keep in touch with them as well.

Beyond this next month, we'll see what happens. For now, it's time to concentrate on work, this weekend, and moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment