A space to post my thoughts and musings about anything. This includes but is not limited to community, politics, current events, relationships, LGBTQ+ issues, favorite things, and stuff that would make your dead relatives blush. I am not afraid to go there, as some can attest.

August 14, 2008

Children of Eden

I've hinted at it, but I'm participating in another performance at my church, so here's the details if you would like to see me perform.

St George's Players is putting on a production of Children of Eden August 22 and 23 at 8:00 PM, and August 24 at 3:00 PM. Children of Eden is written by Stephen Schwartz, the writer of Godspell, so if you liked Godspell, you'll love this one. It's a rock opera style musical that tells the stories of Adam and Eve, Cain and Abel, and Noah and the Flood. While it does follow Bible stories, it's not preachy, the focus is more on family and personal relationships. God is more like the parent who loves their children and wishes they never had to grow up so they could stay innocent forever. It's a wonderful show, and there are many talented people participating in it. Just wait until you hear Eve sing!

Tickets for the show are $12 for Adults, 7.50 for children under 12 and seniors. You can reserve tickets by calling the church office at 301-262-3285. For directions to St Georges and information about it, you can also visit http://www.stgeo.org

I am in the show, I will be playing Cain in Act 1 and Japheth (one of Noah's sons) in Act 2. They are fun parts to play and you'll get to see acting and singing from me as well. If you're interested, I hope you'll stop by and catch a show, you won't be let down.

No comments:

Post a Comment