A space to post my thoughts and musings about anything. This includes but is not limited to community, politics, current events, relationships, LGBTQ+ issues, favorite things, and stuff that would make your dead relatives blush. I am not afraid to go there, as some can attest.

August 15, 2008

I'm On Fire

I don't know what it is this week, but I have just been on fire at work.

After months of trying to fix a known bug, it has finally been fixed and will go out next month, so there will be very happy field people.

For the first time since one of my surveys went electronic (back in 1996), there was no error with the sample that was generated from it. I worked on the software upgrade for this survey, and along the way I worked very hard to prevent errors, and it looks like it's working. The first few months this new version was out, yes there were some errors, but those could be fixed during processing. If this trend continues, we won't have to deal with fixing stuff!

I gave a great presentation on some features in our survey software, it has one of the project managers excited to try it out.

And to top it all off, I got a promotion! They definitely love me there, and with all the work I have done in the past year, I have proven that I am capable of handling it. I'm taking more of a charge on one of my other projects as well, to the point that the project manager joked to my boss that he (the project manager) was going to be working for me next week.

What a great week workwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment