A space to post my thoughts and musings about anything. This includes but is not limited to community, politics, current events, relationships, LGBTQ+ issues, favorite things, and stuff that would make your dead relatives blush. I am not afraid to go there, as some can attest.

January 16, 2009

What's Our Name?

What's Our Name?

Since I had today off, I attended a Purple Friday pep rally in Baltimore. The cheerleaders and mascot come by, they give away free swag, and they raffle off an item as well, usually game tickets or an autographed item. I went to a Verizon Wireless store to try and win the Joe Flacco autographed helmet, no dice but it was a good try.

Later I went a few doors down to Smyth Jewelers, which was their next stop, and hung out there with even more fans. It was fun to see all the Ravens fans out there cheering for the Ravens. By the time all was said and done, I had a few posted, a cheerleaders calendar signed by a few of them, and a shirt. I would totally do it again if I had a Friday off during the season. Some people go as far as to follow the bus all day. I think I would get bored with that after a while ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment