A space to post my thoughts and musings about anything. This includes but is not limited to community, politics, current events, relationships, LGBTQ+ issues, favorite things, and stuff that would make your dead relatives blush. I am not afraid to go there, as some can attest.

February 28, 2009

A Golden Opportunity

Since I have started working for my BGA, I have done some co-authoring of papers that were presented at a conference of developers.  I'm fairly young in my career and already I have some credit of being published as a co-author, who would have thought that would happen?

Well now I have the opportunity to add another feather to my cap.  When there was a call for papers for the next conference, I submitted an abstract of a paper I wanted to present at the conference.  It has been accepted for publication and presentation at the next conference, which will be held in Riga, Latvia.  If all goes to plan and my travel is approved, I get to leave the US for the first time and travel to Europe

I am pretty excited at the thought, to say the least.  I have always wanted to travel to Europe and see the sights, and now it could happen.  I am crossing my fingers that I get to actually go and present.  So if I go, I plan on making a vacation out of it as well.  Thing is, I need to figure out where the hell I am going to go.  I plan on taking an extra week so that should give me time to do at least some visiting, right?

I think part of this weekend will be researching countries to visit and how to get there because I want to do this on a decent budget as well.  If any of you out there have any suggestions or advice, I welcome it.

I hope I hope I hope I get to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment