A space to post my thoughts and musings about anything. This includes but is not limited to community, politics, current events, relationships, LGBTQ+ issues, favorite things, and stuff that would make your dead relatives blush. I am not afraid to go there, as some can attest.

May 13, 2009

Knock First...Oh, Wait

I had the oddest experience Friday Night/Saturday Morning.

Around 3 AM, I was awoken by someone knocking at my door.  I wasn't expecting anyone to show up, and I hadn't been awoken by a phone call from anyone who needed a place to crash, so it definitely was not something I was expecting.

For all I knew, it was someone who went to the wrong building (most likely) or someone who was looking for trouble.  I wasn't about to let them know that yeah someone was home so I kept quiet.  Eventually they went away, but it did take a few minutes to come down from the adrenaline rush so I could go back to bed.

For those who know me, seriously, if for some reason you need to crash at my place and you're in the area, call me first so I have some warning you're dropping by.  Yes I am willing to help out, but I need warning because I'm not answering the door if I don't know it's you.

If for some reason you forget this, at least call my name through the door and tell me who you are. If I recognize you I will be more willing to get up and help you, but otherwise I am not putting my safety at risk.

One last thing, if you show up at my doorstep at 3 in the morning and I am not home, don't send a text message to my phone that I am a "fucking whore."  You'll get no help from me then or ever again.

1 comment:

  1. One last thing, if you show up at my doorstep at 3 in the morning and I am not home, don't send a text message to my phone that I am a "fucking whore." You'll get no help from me then or ever again. =-O Whoa, wait... whut?!

    ReplyDelete