A space to post my thoughts and musings about anything. This includes but is not limited to community, politics, current events, relationships, LGBTQ+ issues, favorite things, and stuff that would make your dead relatives blush. I am not afraid to go there, as some can attest.

October 08, 2009

Back Into It

So after doing a few shows with the St Georges players, I took a bit of a break from it because I wanted to pursue other interests, and also let some other people get involved with the shows. However, a recent show came up and I decided to audition for it, and now I'll be doing a show next month.

The show is called "The Bible: The Complete Word of God (Abridged)" but this is not some kind of "this is why the Bible and Christianity is so great and wonderful" type of a show. This is more like "If Mel Brooks had made a movie about the Bible, this is what it would be like." It was created and performed by the Reduced Shakespeare Company, which apparently does similar things with Shakespeare.

So for the next few weeks, Sunday and Monday evenings will be filled with rehearsals. However, I can say the show is going to be pretty freaking funny when it all comes together. Without giving away too much, there will be scenes that will make you laugh once you can pick your jaw up off the floor. There's a part or two that I am looking at and going "I'm going to have to pray extra hard on Sundays to make sure I don't get struck by a lightning bolt later."

The show will run for two weekends, November 13-15, and 20-22. Hopefully you can drop by and see one. What it also means is any sort of birthday planning will be put off until either the in-between week, or after Thanksgiving, we'll deal with that when it comes around.

No comments:

Post a Comment