A space to post my thoughts and musings about anything. This includes but is not limited to community, politics, current events, relationships, LGBTQ+ issues, favorite things, and stuff that would make your dead relatives blush. I am not afraid to go there, as some can attest.

November 11, 2009

Play Preparing

For the last few weeks I have been at rehearsals for the play I am in, and things are shaping up to look great!

So now that I have gotten more into it, I can probably explain it better.  The Bible: The Complete Word of God (Abridged) is basically a comedy that takes a satirical look at the Bible.  It was written by members of the Reduced Shakespeare Company, and is a cast of three men who re-enact various bible stories.  Since it is satire, it does mean a lot of jokes about the stuff that goes on in the Bible.  The nice thing about it as well is the jokes are topical, and you can substitute more recent news in the place of what is written.  Most jokes are clean, but I would also suggest not bringing the little ones to this show, some stuff borders on the PG side.

Much like a Shakespeare play, the men play all parts, including as women.  Guess who gets to play the womens parts in the show?  That would be me.  I'm not the drag type, so that makes it even funnier.  As I have said to other folks, you want to come to this show so you get the chance to see me in a dress.

Besides that, the two other folks I am working with, Gene and Arthur, are talented and we all play off of one another very well.  You will be laughing from some of the first scenes, through the end of the show.  There will definitely be some surprises along the way as well.

So if I have finally piqued your interest, here's all the details on performances.  This time around we get to go to two venues!

November 13 & 14, 2009 at 8 PM & November 15, 2009 at 3 PM at St. James Church, 13010 8th Street, Bowie, MD 20720 (Behind the fire station on MD-564)

November 20 & 21, 2009 at 8 PM & November 22, 2009 at 3 PM at St. Georges, 7010 Glenn Dale Road, Glenn Dale, MD 20769

Tickets: $15 for adults and $7.50 for students and seniors.  Reserve your tickets and pay at the door by E-mailing stgeoplayers@gmail.com

Hope you can come and watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment