A space to post my thoughts and musings about anything. This includes but is not limited to community, politics, current events, relationships, LGBTQ+ issues, favorite things, and stuff that would make your dead relatives blush. I am not afraid to go there, as some can attest.

May 09, 2010

Trip Pictures and Recommendations

With all of these posts about my Eurotrip, I have been starting out with a picture, and if you haven't noticed already, you can click on the picture and it will take you to the pictures from that part of my trip my Flickr account.  From there you can view every single one of my pictures that I posted.

I have also organized all of my pictures from Europe into a collection, divided by places and organized in the order of my trip for the most part, so you can view the ones you are interested in.

Now for a few recommendations of places and companies to patronize if you should happen to be planning a trip, and each logo will take you to their page.





Viator was where I learned about and made reservations for some of my activities in Paris, including the tour of the Louvre, night bike trip, and wine tasting. After another company screwed me by blacking out the dates I wanted for most of my activities, Viator saved my trip by having the same activities available through them, and I found better stuff to do.


Awesome company, I really enjoyed the night bike tour and the boat ride on the Seine. The staff was knowledgeable and the guides always have interesting stories. They do tours in other cities as well so I'll check them out if I'm ever in London, Barcelona, or Berlin.


I loved the wine tasting here and I learned a ton about how to properly taste wine and also read a French wine label and just what some of the terms mean.


The hostel I stayed it, booked via hostels.com.  It's a hotel that has been renovated to be a hostel now, and it is a 5 minute walk from the Sacre Coeur.  Rooms range from a 6 person mixed dorm room (bunk beds and shared bathroom) to a single room with its own bathroom.  Included here is free wi-fi in the downstairs area if you have your own computer, a kitchen to do cooking, luggage rooms to store your luggage, a safe deposit box at the front desk, and a free continental breakfast that offers breads, cereal, coffee, tea, and juice.  Since it is recently converted, it looks like there are still some renovations going on, but the rooms are clean and comfortable.  It works well if you're budget minded like I was.  Don't forget to bring your own towel, or you can rent one from the front desk for 1 Euro.


For being an airport hotel, I was surprised that I only paid 79 Euro for my room. What made it cheaper was because I booked in advance, and they did give a discount for paying the full rate now, though it comes with the caveat that there are no refunds. As I described in my entry about staying here, the rooms are nice, there's a good cafe in the lobby, and free wi-fi throughout the hotel and free computer usage at their business center. Don't forget to check out the free movies on demand in your room. This is the kind of place you should stay at right before you return because it will make your trip end on a high note.

No comments:

Post a Comment