A space to post my thoughts and musings about anything. This includes but is not limited to community, politics, current events, relationships, LGBTQ+ issues, favorite things, and stuff that would make your dead relatives blush. I am not afraid to go there, as some can attest.

September 16, 2010

Busy Busy Busy

Ahhhh my poor neglected blog, it is starving for some content.  That's what I get for not making the time to write.  I've been hearing a lot about that lately from a writing related podcast I have been listening to.  I will make the time for it soon enough.  Now that summer is winding down, that means less time being spent outside on activities.

Of course, another good distraction as of late has been the return of CW to DC.  If you haven't heard it already, it's official now in that we are together as a couple.  He's already started to meet my friends and they seem to like him, plus I've started to meet some of his friends as well, and they seem to like me, so it's a good sign of things to come.

In summary, I've been a rather busy guy in the last few weeks, hence why I am trying to catch up now.  I went to see two concerts, Kiss and then the Rockstar Uproar Festival, where I saw Stone Sour, Halestorm, and Disturbed.  Those were an absolute blast.  NFL is now starting so I'm occupied with anything and everything relating to the Ravens.  CW and I have hit up the Renaissance Festival twice already and I am sure there will be other trips in the future.  Just last Friday I was out celebrating BG's upcoming birthday over at Nellies with a bunch of my fellow Twitterati.

I also did some coordinating and was walking in the Greenbelt Labor Day parade.  That was a lot of fun and we got some good participation out of it.  I managed to hit that critical number of bouncy balls to order, and discovered a surprise hit for giveaway items.  My friends CT and RE gave me some leftover mini pinwheels they had used as a party favor at their luau reception, and the kids were asking for those like crazy when they saw we were handing them out.  I will make sure to order plenty of those for next year.

Work is work, had some craziness with projects hitting all at once, but that seems to have calmed down now.  I'm still working as hard as I can along with training a new person as well.  I'm impressed with how much she has learned already.

Just this last weekend I got in some more roller coaster trips.  After learning that Kings Dominion would be closed during the day on Saturday, and since I was going to go in the evening, I decided to make a trip to Busch Gardens.  Despite it being a Saturday that was perfect for being outdoors, the park was not overly crowded.  I had no problems with lines anywhere and I got in plenty of rides before it was time to go.  Kings Dominion was great and CW did have a good time there as well, considering he had not been to the park for years.  The only thing that bites was we didn't get to ride the ferris wheel because it broke down while we were in line.  Oh well.

At some point I will get pictures posted of everything.  My regular camera ended up in the shop again so my Droid has had to take its place for now.  However, I noticed today that Nikon finally charged me so that must mean they're finished with the repairs and are going to send my camera back soon.

That's all I can think of for right now.  I am sure that soon after I finish this entry there will be something else that I think of.

No comments:

Post a Comment