A space to post my thoughts and musings about anything. This includes but is not limited to community, politics, current events, dating, GLBTQ issues, favorite things, and stuff that would make your dead relatives blush. I am not afraid to go there, as some can attest.

April 28, 2009

What An Odd Day

I swear this had to be one of the strangest days for me on record, but at least it's over.

Woke up this morning and I was going to drive to metro since I had plans to head up to Columbia after work.  Instead, I would get onto the main road of my neighborhood, feel something was not right, and end up pulling off into a nearby parking lot.  I discovered that one of my tires had blown its valve stem.  I changed the tire and drove to Metro to get on my way to work; a bit late, but at least I could make it in.

Then to top it off, I realized that my SmartTrip card was not in my wallet, but rather in my other pair of pants.  After much cursing I went and bought another card, so now I have a backup I can carry in my bag if for some reason this happens again.

When I left work, I dropped by the tire store and got the tire fixed.  The guy was nice enough to do it without a huge charge.  I drove back to the parking lot behind my apartment and started to switch out the spare with my fixed tire.

Some couple proceeded to have a screaming match by the supermarket, and boy did it sound ugly.  He kept on screaming for her to get out of the car, and she wouldn't get out.  I ended up calling the cops because I thought it was going to get violent, but they finished yelling and drove off before the police arrived.  I gave the officer the tag number and what I witnessed and left it at that.

Yeah, ladies and gents, if you get into a screaming match somewhere and it sounds like it could turn physical, I have no qualms about calling the cops.  The last thing I want to see is a domestic situation turn physical and I did nothing to try to stop it.

Perhaps tomorrow won't be so odd.