A space to post my thoughts and musings about anything. This includes but is not limited to community, politics, current events, relationships, LGBTQ+ issues, favorite things, and stuff that would make your dead relatives blush. I am not afraid to go there, as some can attest.

January 01, 2008

Resolutions

I'll be frank, I'm not big on making resolutions for the new year because for me I don't just make a resolution because it's expected of me for a certain time of year. I make resolutions and reevaluate them throughout the year.

But since everyone is talking about it, here's what I'll lay down as my current and future resolutions:

1. Continue to eat healthy and exercise more: This is rather simple for me because I have been more conscious of what I eat for the last 3-4 months, and I can already see a difference. I am exercising more, and I will continue to do so throughout the year. It is my goal to become disciplined to an exercise routine enough that I can buy a membership to the local gym and actually use it rather than waste it.

2. Travel More: Make no bones about it, I love to travel and see new places. I don't think I have been doing enough of it in the last two years so I am resolving to do as much as I possibly can. I know that there will be a few months where it will be crazy-difficult to travel because of work obligations, but I will find a way. It also doesn't hurt that JH and I are discussing making trips to various parks for rollercoaster riding. It is nice to have someone that will go with you on the rollercoasters, it will give me someone to talk to while waiting in line ;-)

3. Have Fun: After a rather tumultuous 2007 for the first nine months, things are settled down and it's time to have a blast. I got a good taste of what I could be doing this past summer and fall, and it's time to expand on it. I'm young, and this is my time to party and enjoy the life that is before me.

That's it, it's all I really need to have for the new year. I can't wait to see what is in store because I get the feeling that 2008 is going to be a great year for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment