A space to post my thoughts and musings about anything. This includes but is not limited to community, politics, current events, relationships, LGBTQ+ issues, favorite things, and stuff that would make your dead relatives blush. I am not afraid to go there, as some can attest.

September 06, 2008

Mamma Mia!

Since Hanna basically blew through here without major incident in the Greenbelt area, I kept to a backup plan of doing a movie and then dinner with PK this evening. We met in Columbia and went to see Mamma Mia! since I had never seen the movie.

I loved it, and if you haven't seen it yet, try to see it before the theaters make it disappear. Meryl Streep surprised me with how well she can sing. Pierce Brosnan...not so much, he should have had more vocal training, especially with diction. I knew that Christine Baranski could sing since she had a role in Chicago, but she has a lot more vocal time in this movie and so you really get to see what she can do. In an opinion sure to confuse some, she's definitely a GILF.

The movie is cute, the music was done well, there was definitely plenty to look at, and the plot was done well. I remember some talking about it and that you had to ignore some issues with the timeline, but since I am not intimately familiar with Mamma Mia! as a stage show, it seemed to fit to me. I think I'll have to pick this one up on DVD when it is released.

After the movie PK and I went over to Longhorn Steakhouse for dinner. We each had the prime rib, and maybe I've just been really spoiled by Annies, but the prime rib was not as tender as I was used to. It was still tasty, so I had no reason to complain to the waitress.

We dropped by the Verizon store so I could look at the Samsung Glyde again. By the end of the time there and a discussion, I realize that I would probably do better with upgrading to a slightly better plan (but not the highest one) and just getting one of the cheap phones, as long as it will do the VZ navigation. As for my other needs, I'd be better off getting a laptop, but that is for a later post.

Dropped by Starbucks, I had a pumpkin spice latte, which was pretty good. I love seasonal flavors. Then PK took me back to my car and I headed back to Greenbelt. It was a good night, I had fun, and I enjoyed my time out.

No comments:

Post a Comment